At Earth Smart Solutions we pride ourselves on being eco-friendly.
Eco-friendly is a buzzword that we all hear frequently with respect to shopping bags, straws, household cleaning products and other common products we use in our everyday lives.
In recent years, some companies have been criticized for ‘greenwashing’ or marketing their products as being eco-friendly or environmentally friendly to ecologically conscious buyers without actually being so, but what does eco-friendly actually mean?
What Does Eco-friendly Mean
Eco-friendly literally means: earth-friendly; not harmful to the environment; designed to have little or no damaging effect on the environment.
"Eco-friendly products" commonly refers to products that help conserve resources or are made using sustainable resources and ingredients that contribute to green living. Eco-friendly products also prevent contributions to air, water and land pollution and do not harm the environment, whether in their production, use or disposal.
Attributes of Eco-friendly Products:
- Help conserve resources or are made using sustainable resources, produced in ways that do not deplete the ecosystem
- Prevent contributions to air, water and land pollution
- Do not harm the environment, whether in their production, use or disposal
- Keep both environmental and human safety in mind, as well as pets
- Less taxing on the eco-system
At Earth Smart Solutions, when we say "we are eco-friendly" we mean it!
10 ways our Earth Smart Solutions Products are Eco-friendly:
- Our products are produced using constituents derived from naturally occurring and sustainable sources.
- Our products are environmentally safe and have no adverse effects on the environment.
- Our products are highly efficient. In fact we sell some of our products in concentrated forms that our clients add water to after they receive. This reduces our carbon footprint when it comes to production, packaging and shipping.
- Our products are not harmful to animals, plants and humans.
- Our products can be manufactured, transported, applied and disposed of safely.
- Our production process does not utilize thermal energy.
- Our production process does not produce a significant waste stream.
- Our products are produced in accordance with NOSB (National Organic Standards Board) guidelines using constituents derived from naturally occurring and sustainable sources.
- Our products are safe to handle, use and dispose of.
- Wherever possible we use recyclable packaging materials.
We offer a range of eco friendly products for a diverse range of applications and industries including agriculture, pond maintenance, cleaning & odour control, composting & landfill, gardening, lawn care, livestock, hydrocarbon cleaners, personal care, pet care, septic systems and waste water treatment.
Earth Smart Solutions’ Commitment
We are dedicated to maintaining our reputation for superior environmentally safe products and we are committed to conserving natural resources and minimizing the environmental impact of our activities.
Please contact us at 1-866-444-7174 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and for more information on our products.
Source: Home Guides, What Does Eco-Friendly Mean?
Source: Cambridge Dictionary
Source: All Recycling Facts, Eco Friendly Products