Sustainability Tips – PART 3 of 3: Revive
Posted: Jul 17 2018
Earth Smart Solutions offers innovative and eco-friendly solutions that can meet the specific needs associated with a sustainable environment. With innovations based on science, Earth Smart products are not harmful to plants, animals, humans and have no adverse effect on the environment.
Are you interesting in learning how you can decrease your impact on the environment? A variety of sustainable habits can be easily adopted into your life to help reduce your impact on our environment. If you missed "Part I – Sustainability Tips - Reduce" and "Part 2 - Sustainability Tips - Recycle and Reuse", then please check out these blogs for more tips.
Improve the quality of the air in your home by instituting a few simple ideas:
- Vacuum regularly using an energy efficient vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter.
- Take shoes off at the entryway and place them on a mat to avoid tracking in chemicals, dirt and other toxins through your shoes.
- Keep humidity levels low by drying clothes outdoors on a clothesline, not over-watering house plants, avoiding lengthy showers and fixing leaky faucets.
- Nurture house plants that have air purifying qualities. Bonus: Many of these plants are surprisingly easy to care for!
- Avoid synthetic fragrances; use essential oils instead.
The food you eat and where you shop can have a large impact on the community as well as the global economy.
- Grow your own: Reduce the stress on the environment from the mass production, packaging and transportation of most produce by growing your own. Visit our website to view our wide array of gardening solutions formulated to help grow a beautiful organic garden. Our products include seed treatment, fertilizers, soil builders and fungus control aids.
- Shop at the farmers market and/or locally owned shops: Support the local economy by purchasing your food products from local merchants.
- Preserve your own: During the growing season, when your garden has more food than you can eat, be sure not to let any of it go to waste by canning/preserving produce.
Maintaining personal health and happiness can have lasting impacts on our own personal sustainability and the vitality of our communities, environment and economy.
- Exercise regularly and eat a diet rich in fresh produce.
- Take a proactive approach to your health. Preventive approaches to personal health can help reduce your dependency on medication.
- Create boundaries in your life that will limit your stress levels. Creating filters on your email, practicing meditation, instituting regular personal appointments, and many other techniques can create boundaries that assist in the reduction of stress we experience.
- Allow yourself to get consistent rest by following a regular bedtime and rising time.
- Ask for help. Seek the support of friends, family or health professionals if you feel you may need assistance achieving mental and physical health.
Build a Community:
Teaching, caring for and sharing with our neighbors helps build a more sustainable community because it encourages shared resources and collaborative problem solving. By investing in our own personal and collective development, we help build a more compassionate society that cares for the health and safety of our community, our environment and our collective prosperity. Seek help when you feel you need it, accept it when offered to you and offer it when you can.
Source: This article was modified from an article published by the Ohio University, Office of Sustainability on Sustainability Tips. Read the full article here.
Earth Smart, helping create your sustainable environment with naturally occurring eco-friendly solutions.
Learn more sustainability tips: