Summer Maintenance Tips for Your Landscape Pond
Posted: Jun 18 2018
Ponds are an attractive natural feature to add to your landscaping that will entice visitors and provide a source of relaxation for residents with the soothing sounds of flowing water and colourful beauty of a variety of flowers, shrubs and plants. This serene landscape feature is sure to become your yard's focal point.
If you have a garden pond, here are some tips to keep your pond happy and healthy all summer long.
- Top the water level as required. It is suggested to add small amounts of water often, rather than large amounts infrequently.
- Regularly remove dead leaves and flowers from pond water.
- Trim plants and trees inside and surrounding the pond as needed to prevent fast growers and plant debris from overwhelming the pond.
- Keep an eye on your plant's health and remove any plants that aren't fairing well. Control any plant pests as needed to maintain healthy plants.
- Check filters and pump intakes weekly for clogs and clean as required.
- Control algae with a long-handle bristle brush, rake, or pole and eco-friendly products such as Earth Smart's ESAE Natural Pond and Lake Conditioner in combination with ESAA Pond Prevention.