Product Formulations: Amino Acids
Posted: May 18 2020
Our Earth Smart Solutions products for plants are formulated using natural and sustainable ingredients which play a role in the the health of a plant through it's growth and life cycle. These ingredients include micro and macro nutrients, natural ingredients, beneficial microbes, beneficial bacteria, amino acids and fungi.
This Blog is Part 4 of a series of Blogs discussing the ingredients which go into our product formulations. See below for links to the blogs on the macronutrients, micronutrients and natural ingredients.
"Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and they are primary components in the machinery of cells, both in humans and in plants. ... plants require certain amino acids." Source: Grower's Secret
There are approximately 500 naturally occurring amino acids.
Amino acids are important in order to have healthy plants."The requirement of amino acids in essential quantities is well known as a means to increase yield and overall quality of crops." Priya Chemicals
Why We Add Amino Acids to our Formulations:
- Plants can produce amino acids, but this synthesis is highly energy consuming. Therefore, the application of ready for uptake, amino acids allows plants to save energy on amino acid production and increase the pace of their development, become more robust and produce greater yield.
- Amino acids can play different roles in plants, such as stress-reducing agents, nitrogen source and hormone precursors.
- Better root growth favored by addition of amino acids can enhance the biologic nitrogen fixation, which leads to a greater production of ureides.
- Helps to increase chlorophyll concentration in the plant leading to higher degree of photosynthesis, making crops lush green.
- Increases plant yield when used in conjunction with humic acid extracts.
- Increases the nutrient uptake by plants from the environment.
View these images of crops which had some of our natural products applied versus control crops:
Please contact us at 1-866-444-7174 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and for more information on our products.
- Part 1: Macronutrients: nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Learn more about each of their benefits in our Blog: Macronutrients Required for Plant Growth
- Part 2: Micronutrients: copper, boron, iron, zinc and molybdenum. Learn more about each of their benfits in our Blog: Micronutrients Utilized in our Plant Products to Maximize their Potential
- Part 3: Natural Ingredients: Kelp, Molasses, Yucca & Humic Acid
- Part 4: Product Formulations: Amino Acids
Growers Secret, Innovative Organic Solutions, "Grow Stronger Plants with the Building Blocks of Protein"
Priya Chemicals, "Effect of Amino Acids on Plants"
Wikipedia, "Amino Acids"
Earth Smart Solutions does not claim to be an expert on each of these ingredients and how they specifically impact plant and soil health. The information presented in this blog is a compilation of information presented from a variety of sources.
You should not rely solely on the information contained in this website as it does not purport to be comprehensive or specific to your personal needs or requirements.