"Modern farming practices, compaction and heavy use of synthetic fertilizers and chemicals have contributed to the depletion of soil humus and beneficial bacteria to a level where crop's sustainability is being threatened". (Source: Humic Growth Solutions YouTube video, "Humic Growth Solutions,Inc.")
What is soil humus?
In simple terms, "humus is essentially a dark, organic, mostly carbon-based spongy substance in the soil" (Source: Gardening Know How).
How is soil humus formed?
According to Eco Farming Daily, "Humus forms as a result of the complicated interplay between inorganic conversions and organic creatures such as microbes, nematodes, and earthworms. Humus formation is carried out in two steps.
"First, the organic substances and minerals in the soil disintegrate. Next, totally new combinations of these broken-down products develop. This leads to the initial stages of humus. Humus formation is a biological process." (Source: Eco Farming Daily, Humus How Is It Formed)
Why is soil humus important?
There are many many reasons why humus is important for soil health, below are just a few: ((Source: Gardening Know How)
- Its sponginess "enables humus to hold up to 90% of its weight in water, meaning soil laden in humus will be able to retain moisture better and be more drought resistant."
- "The humus sponge also latches onto and safeguards nutrients that plants require, such as calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. Plants can siphon these much-needed nutrients from the humus through their roots."
- "Humus gives the soil a much desired crumbly texture and improves soil structure by making the soil looser, allowing for easier flow of air and water."
Earth Smart Solutions is an Authorized Distributor of Humic Growth Solutions.
The use of humic products has become one of the best paths to restoring our soil and agricultural sustainability.
Through Humic Growth Solutions, we are able to offer 100% water soluble, highly concentrated, functional humic acid products derived from some of the finest, richest, and purest source of humic acid in North America.
Benefits of Humic to Crops
- Improves your soil's water holding capacity
- Reduces fertilizer runoff
- Maximizes yield
- Cultivates sustainability
- Puts functional carbon back into your soil
- Reduces synthetic fertilizer dependency
- Enhances nutrient uptake and use efficiency
- Improves germination rates
Learn more about the products we distribute from Humic Growth Solutions here:
- Humi[K] Liquid (Humic Acid Concentrate)
- Carbo [N]
- Ful-Grow Gold 2x
For more information please contact your local Earth Smart Solutions representative or contact our head office at 1-888-444-7174 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eco Farming Daily, Humus: What Is It And How Is It Formed?
Gardening Know How, Compost vs. Humus: Why Is Humus Important In The Garden
Humic Growth Solutions YouTube video, "Humic Growth Solutions,Inc."