Earth Smart Solutions products are formulated using naturally occurring ingredients and sustainable sources including macro and micro nutrients, enzymes, carbohydrates and amino acids.
One of the naturally occurring ingredients that we use in many of our formulations is molasses.
Molasses is the natural by-product which is left after most of the sugar is extracted from sugar cane or sugar beets in the manufacturing of sugar.
- Completely natural
- Non toxic
- Packed with minerals and vitamins
- High in carbohydrates
Benefits of Molasses
Molasses is an effective soil amendment and fertilizer ingredient as it is completely natural and eco-friendly.
According to Gardening Know How, "Using molasses as fertilizer provides plants with a quick source of energy and encourages the growth of beneficial microorganisms."
"Using molasses in gardens has the additional benefit of fighting off pests. Since molasses increases the overall vitality of plants, pests are less likely to attack your garden." (Gardening Know How)
"When molasses is added to organic fertilizers, it provides food for the healthy microbes in the soil. The greater amount of microbial activity in the soil, the healthier plants will be." (Gardening Know How)
Benefits of molasses for plants include:
- Rich in minerals that plants can easily absorb and are needed to maintain their health
- Provides soil and fertilizer with easily “digestible” iron that plants need plus other minerals
- “Relatively high in carbohydrates, which are important for plant feeding and soil supplementation as they feed microorganisms that help break down undesirable components in the soil, such as thatch (built-up dead plant matter) or other manufacturing byproducts.” (International Molasses)
According to Zook Molasses, "Molasses for plants is such a crucial ingredient for modern farming because heavy fertilizer and pesticide use can make soil sterile by killing off good microorganisms. Counteracting this with molasses for soil improvement is key to boosting the short and long-term health of your farm."
The demand for molasses in the agricultural sector has surged.
According to International Molasses, “The increase comes as a wider set of fertilizer manufacturers and growers place greater emphasis on natural yet effective ingredients for soil amendment. Particularly in the burgeoning organic farming industry, the push for a holistically all-natural growing process – from soil through supply chain – is creating market demand for healthier, more environmentally-friendly options for fertilizing crops.”
Benefits of molasses for farming:
- Effective in producing larger and healthier yield of crops — organically
- "By providing carbohydrates to breakdown in soil, the molasses improves the health of microorganisms in the ground." (Zook Molasses)
- "Has insecticidal benefits, offering an organic, non-chemical answer to pest control problems." (Zook Molasses)
We use molasses in many of our product formulations to improve soil and plant health.
Please contact us at 1-866-444-7174 or via email at email@example.com if you have any questions and for more information on our products.
Gardening Know How, Molasses As Fertilizer: Information On Feeding Plants With Molasses