Earth Smart Solutions is an Authorized Distributor for Humic Growth Solutions, a world leading manufacturer and supplier of bio-stimulant products.
Established in 2013, the company produces certified organic humate products for agricultural, horticultural, turf, ornamental, and hydroponic markets around the globe.
“Humic and fulvic acids are the final break-down constituents of the natural decay of plant and animal materials. These organic acids are found in pre-historic deposits. Humic matter is formed through the chemical and biological humification of plant and animal matter and through the biological activities of micro-organisms. Humic acids are complex molecules that exist naturally in soils, peats, oceans and fresh waters.” (Source: SoilBiotics)
Earth Smart Solutions products combine organic ingredients such as Humic Acid, Kelp, and Yucca to maximize crop yields with no harm to the environment. Our innovative and eco-friendly products are designed to meet the needs associated with a sustainable environment.
Today we will be talking about humic acids and their benefits. The information presented below is sourced from a video provided by WiNaturals which we have presented in an easy to read blog.
Source: WiNaturals YouTube Channel
BENEFITS OF HUMIC ACIDS
The benefits of humic and fulvic acids can be grouped into 5 main categories:
Humic acids modify the physical structure of the soil which produces the following benefits:
- Improves soil structure:
- Light sandy soils: humic acids increase soil’s nutrient and water holding capacity by coating sand particles, preventing high water and nutrient losses while transforming unproductive soils into fruitful soils by way of decomposition. They hold water and nutrition in plant available forms at root zone and provide to plants as needed.
- Heavy and compact soils (clay): helps soil to loosen, creating looser crumbly soil, which: improves the penetration of nutrients, plant roots and water into the soil; increases aeration of soil, water retention capacity and improves soil workability
- Increases water holding capacity of soil
- Improves drought resistance of soil
- Darkens colour of soil, which helps in absorption of the sun’s energy
Humic acids chemically change the fixation properties of the soil. Humic acid neutralizes acidic and alkaline soils; regulates pH-value of soils, increasing their buffering abilities; and has extremely high cation-exchange properties.
- Improves and optimizes uptake of nutrients and water holding capacity
- Stimulates plant growth with its rich organic and mineral substances
- Helps to retain water soluble inorganic fertilizers in the root zones
- Enhances the uptake of nitrogen by plants
- Reduces the availability of toxic substances in soils
Humic acids biologically stimulate plants and activities of micro-organism which encourages the following benefits:
- Stimulates plant enzymes and increases their production
- Stimulates growth and proliferation of desirable micro-organisms in soil
- Enhances plant’s natural resistance against diseases and pesticides
- Stimulates root growth, especially vertically and enables better nutrient uptake
- Increases vitamin and mineral content of the plants
- Thickens cell walls in fruit and prolongs their storage and shelf time
- Increases germination and viability of the seeds
- Stimulates plant growth
- Increases quality of yields: improves their physical appearance and nutritional value
By just using fertilizers, we can’t reach maximum crop yields. Maximum yields require organic matter humic acid, high cation exchange capacity and biological activity.
Soil pH affects many chemical and biological reactions. It is an important parameter for plant nutrition – in high acidity, absorption of nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, sulphur, calcium diminishes; in high alkaline conditions, absorption of iron, manganese, boron, copper and zinc decreases.
Humic acid buffers soil pH to 5.5 to 7.5 levels which is ideal for plant development and nutrients absorption. Thus acting as a natural chelator, they help plant roots to absorb nutrients more efficiently to create long term positive effect on soil quality and productivity. In comparison, conventional chemical fertilizers only show short term effects without any plus benefits on soil structure and soil productivity.
Humic acids chelate nutrient compounds in the soil, especially iron, to a form suitable for plant utilization, optimizing the plant’s nutrient supply. This promotes:
- up to 70% increase in yield, accompanied by a reduction of up to 30% in the use of fertilizers and pesticides
- better and healthier growth of green grass, ornaments, agricultural crops and woods with the regular application of quality humic acids
- increased water holding capacity of soils, substantially reducing the use of water
The ecological benefits of humic acids are diverse and offer effective solutions for environmental issues and the preservation of the environment.
Reduces water contamination
- Soils with a high content of humic acids encourage low nitrate leaching and optimum nutrient efficiency. A well developed root system, which is achieved by high content of humic acids, prevents nitrate and pesticides from mixing in with ground water.
- Often growers use more fertilizers than plants can take up. This leads to nitrate concentration in the soil, which is later found in ground water, causing water contamination.
- Humic acids reduce over-salination problems in application of water soluble mineral fertilizers.
- Humic acids are able to decrease high salt contents in soils and resulting toxicities. Especially the NH4-toxicity of fertilizers containing ammonia is reduced, which is of great importance for young plants. Generally, humic acids reduce root burning which comes about through excessive salt concentrations in soils after fertilization. Also when humic acids are mixed with liquid fertilizers. The undesirable smell is diminished.
- Humic acids are an effective means to fight against soil erosion.
- This is achieved by increasing the ability of soil colloids to combine and by enhancing root system and plant development. Humic acid and its benefits have been certified by many international Organic Agriculture Institutions.
Earth Smart Solutions is distributing the following products from Humic Growth Solutions:
- Diamond Grow ® - Humi[K] WSP (Water Soluble Powder) is designed specifically to be mixed with water to produce a liquid humic concentrate. The resulting organic solution is compatible with many liquid fertilizers and micro-nutrients, acting as a chelating agent aiding plants in the uptake and usability of nutrients essential for a crops healthy and productive life cycle.
- Diamond Grow ® Organic Humi[K] WSG (Water Soluble Granule) is produced from Humi[k] WSP, offering all of the same features and benefits. Humi[K] WSG was specifically designed for three distinct functions: rapid solubility, ease of use and dry broadcast application.
- Diamond Grow® Humi[K] Phos is formulated to provide a perfectly balanced blend of Rock Phos and Humic Acid. The combinatorial chemistry of Humic Acid and Phosphorus allows for enhanced nutrient availability, translocation and improves overall soil health and sustainability.
- Diamond Grow® Humi[K] ES is formulated as a source of sulfur that combines elemental sulfur with humic acids to enhance nutrient use efficiency. Humi[K] ES can be used as both a source of plant nutrient sulfur and/or as an amendment for correcting alkali soils.
- Diamond Grow® - Humi[K] GYP is formulated to provide a perfectly balanced blend of Gypsum and Humic Acid. The combinatorial chemistry of Humic Acid and Gypsum allows for enhanced nutrient availability, translocation and improves overall soil health and sustainability.
- Diamond Grow® - Humi[K] Liquid is an organic liquid humic concentrate, derived from the finest, richest, and purest source of humic acid in North America and arguably the World. Liquid Humic Acid is blended with pure artesian water, a high quality water source. The wet chemistry alkaline extraction process utilized to make Humi[K] Liquid enables the benefits of humic acid such as nutrient delivery to begin working immediately upon application.
- Diamond Grow® Carbo[N] is formulated for improving soil health, salt remediation in salty soils, reducing soil compaction, enhancing soil buffering capacities, complexation, and CECs, along with increasing water and nutrient availability.
- Diamond Grow® Ful-Grow Gold 2x is an organic acid-based fertilizer additive formulated to improve fertilizer application and compatibility.
With this partnership, you will find Humic Growth Solutions high quality organic products in many of our Earth Smart Solutions product collections:
- Agricultural Products
- Gardening Products
- Lawn Care Products
Please contact us at 1-866-444-7174 or via email at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to learn more about our products.